Zen Mama's teaching blog

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Welcome to Zen Mama's teaching blog

As if keeping one blog (Hoarded Ordinaries) weren't enough, here I am starting a brand new teaching blog! I've always believed that the only way to learn to write is by writing, and I believe blogging is a great way of creating an online "community of writers." Writers with readers tend to write more and more carefully, and writers who get feedback tend to improve. So, good luck to all my ENG 202 students as you embark on the weird, wild world of the blogosphere: your classmates and I will be reading and commenting on your steps along the way.

3 Comments:

  • Hey Zen Mama. What a cool name.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:08 AM  

  • Hey, Umaga...thanks for the compliment. "Zen Mama" is a name I got from one of the readers of my other blog, http://www.hoardedordinaries.com

    By Blogger Lorianne, at 9:50 AM  

  • "Writers with readers tend to write more and more carefully, and writers who get feedback tend to improve."

    Gosh, thank you for this. I have been using my own blog as writing practice for about a year now. I know my writing has improved because of this. It's an interesting exercise and one I wish more people would do. A writer writes and reads. Some of the most influential writers in my life are bloggers.

    Stephanie
    stephanie at lunisea dot com
    http://www.lunisea.com/school/blather.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home